To our Element Church family and new guests. Grace and peace to you in Christ Jesus.
As we continue to serve you with in-person services here at Element Church for those who feel comfortable attending we are expecting that more people will be returning to church in person.
We still know that we don’t have all the answers. We also know that we don’t have to.
That being said we are now confident that we can begin to move things back into at least a more normal rhythm while respecting everyone’s safety.
- We are going to officially enter phase 2 of reopening on Easter Sunday, April 4th. Here are some of the things that we will be doing:
- Kid’s Church will be re-opening with family grouped socially distanced seating. This service will also be live-streamed to allow for those who are remaining at home for a while longer. Preschool/Nursery is still closed until our next phase.
- We will be instituting a sticker system for people who need full social distancing. If someone has a sticker on please give them the full six feet of distance.
- We now have 6ft socially distanced seating. This allows us to have up to 45 people in the sanctuary.
- Non-prepackaged communion will be available and served to you by a team member with gloves if you choose to receive it. Prepackaged communion will still be available in the seatbacks.
- Our Mom’s room will be open for mothers who are nursing or have a child who is fussy.
- We have also taken steps to increase the safety of our indoor worship:
- Our air handling system has been upgraded with the recommended MERV 14 air filters. (MERV 14 air filters provide between 90% and 95% efficiency for filtering particles between 3 and 10 microns in size (such as mold spores, dusting aids, and cement dust).)
- Outside air will be constantly pulled into the building using our vent fan system and by keeping our doors open with an output fan in place.
- Hard-to-ventilate areas also have portable HEPA filters in their spaces. Both large areas also have large room HEPA filters in place.
- We wipe down everything and will have sanitizing wipes in place for publicly touched places like the restrooms.
- We are at a meet or exceed level with all standards given by the CDC in their guide: Implementing a Layered Approach to Address COVID-19 in Public Indoor Spaces.
- The following guidelines will remain in effect:
- We are using social distancing and having people stay in their family group and minimize contact with others based on their comfort level (Stickers on people who need full distancing).
- We are using hand sanitizer on your way in and out.
- We are wearing face masks over our faces, covering our mouths and nose. We are staying home if any of us have been sick in the last seven days.
We also continue to encourage anyone who is at risk or not yet comfortable attending in person (this includes anyone to whom a mask is a stumbling block) to attend online. If you don’t have communion supplies we can provide you with them for worship at home.
We look forward able to worship with you in person. If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope to see you in person or online this Easter!
No one fights alone,
Pastor Erik Germesin, Lead Pastor